Thursday, April 16, 2009

16 more wins.....

That's it-just 16 more wins for my Cleveland Cavaliers, and my hometown will finally break its streak of sports futility. Sixteen wins equals winning all of their playoff series, including the NBA Finals. They start off Saturday against Detroit, and if everything goes as planned will play the winner of Hawks/Heat. The Conference finals will most likely be the winner of Boston/Orlando, KG or not, I think Orlando will be the winner. Orlando scares the crap out of me, for a matchup versus the Cavs. Teams with strong big men always do well against the Cavs, hopefully Big Ben Wallace will channel his DPOY days for the playoffs. The Lakers scare me as well-even though the Cavs have homecourt advantage throughout the playoffs, the Lakers are the ONLY team to win a game at the Quicken Loans arena.

I love this team. I love how they have so much fun with the pregame "photo ops". I love how everyone on the team really seems to generally like each other. Watch how LeBron looks to the bench for approval after every thunderous slam dunk-he's not staring the guy he posterized down, he's looking to see how 9th and 10th men Terrance Kinsey and JJ Hickson evaluate that last move. I really like how Varajeo is fitting in to the rotation, and Delonte West? Delonte West is quickly becoming one of my favorite all-time Cavs, behind LBJ and Dan Majerle (hey he was with us for a year). West is the Cavs BEST on-the-ball defender, a great fill-the-blank guy that will do whatever is necessary at the time. Plus he's a bit eccentric. Whenever he shoots, I always yell out "Redz!" which is his nickname. My wife thinks thats pretty funny, because I do it all the time in front of the TV. I hope I'm not putting the cart before the horse with this Title Talk, but I think this team is really special.

Let's hope they don't "Cleveland it up".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please don't let me wake up from this dream!

GO CAVS!!!!

Anonymous said...

14 more wins now baby! Time to get over the speed bump that is Detroit and get serious.

GO CAVS!!